of the Czech National Council
of 20 December 1992
on the Ensuring of Exercise of the State Administration in the Field of the Technical Standardization, Metrology and Testing
Amended by: Act No. 22/1997 Coll.
Amended by: Act No. 119/2000 Coll.
Amended by: Act No. 137/2002 Coll.
Amended by: Act No. 309/2002 Coll.
The Czech National Council has adopted the following Act:
(1) Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing (hereinafter referred to as the „Office“) is established in Prague and subordinated to Ministry of Industry and Trade1 (hereinafter referred to as the „Ministry“) . The Office is a budgetary organization.
(2) The Office is headed by the Chairman who is appointed and recalled follow the Public Service Act1.
The state administration authorities in the field of technical standards, metrology and testing are
(a) the Ministry,
(b) the Office.
Competency of the state administration authorities in the field of technical standards, metrology and testing
In the field of technical standards, metrology and testing, the Ministry
(a) draws up the proposal of the conception of development in relevant field,
(b) manages the Office and the Czech Metrological Institute,
(c) decides in the case of legal remedies against decisions of the Office2.
In the field of technical standardization, metrology and testing, the Office
a) manages and ensures metrology in the extent laid down by a specific legal regulation3,
b) ensures the unified accuracy of legal measuring instruments and measurements and the exercise of state metrology in the extent laid down by the Act3,
c) decides in the case of legal remedies against the decisions of metrological authorities7,
d) ensures the organization of transposition of EC technical regulations by the Government Orders,
e) warrants the tasks implied by the international treaties by which the Czech Republic is bound, and the tasks implied by the requirements of the Ministries and other central administrative offices.
Transitional and Final Provisions
(1) Orders and assessments on the legal measuring instruments and products which are subject to the approval or mandatory certification issued by Federal Office for Standards and Measurements and satisfying the existing regulations shall remain valid.
(2) If in the orders and assessments according to paragraph 1 an organization established in the Slovak Republic is stated as a State Laboratory, the application for approval or mandatory certification shall be submitted to the Office.
(1) Technical standards issued before enter into force of this Act according to the existing regulations shall remain valid.
(2) Czechoslovak technical standards are considered Czech technical standards from the date of enter into force of this Act; letter symbol „ČSN“ remains unchanged.
Authorisation and accreditation certificates11 issued by Federal Office for Standards and Measurements to organizations established in the Czech Republic according to the existing regulations shall remain valid.
Administration provisions issued according to legislation on metrology and testing before enter into force of this Act shall remain valid.
This Act shall enter into force on 1 January 1993.
Uhde in own hands
Klaus in own hands
1 § 53 paragraph 5 of Act No. 218/2002 Coll., on the service of officials in public administration and on remuneration of these employees and other employees in the public administration (Public Service Act).
2 Act No. 71/1967 Coll., on Administrative Procedure (Administrative Code)
3 Act No. 505/1990 Coll., on Metrology, as amended by Act No. 119/2000 Coll.
7 § 4 paragraph 1 of Act No. 505/1990 Coll.
11 § 13 paragraph 2 (c), § 16, 20 and 21 of Act No. 505/1990 Coll.